Given our Kentucky roots, we had to experiment with a bourbon cocktail and we are unequivocally glad we did! A Chai Masala simple syrup lends warm spice, depth and sweetness to the bourbon and milk, giving this cocktail balance and richness.
1 oz. Chai Masala simple syrup (recipe below)
2 oz. bourbon
4 oz. whole milk
Cinnamon sticks/bark and star anise for garnish (optional)
1. Add all ingredients except ice into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
2. Add ice to cocktail shaker, replace cap and shake again for 30 seconds until milk punch is cold and frothy.
3. Pour over ice in a lowball glass and garnish with cinnamon and star anise, if using.
CHAI MASALA SIMPLE SYRUP
1. Heat 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon Down the Road Spice Co. Chai Masala in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
3. Strain simple syrup. Any remaining syrup will keep in the fridge for up to a week.